XTS500 firmware upgrade

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firetech792

XTS500 firmware upgrade

Post by firetech792 »

Can any one give me an idea of what it would cost to upgrade an XTS5000 host of R02.00.00 up high enough to do MDC encode? And also if some BatLabers can do it for a fee so I don't have to take it to my area Motorola dealer. My local dealer isn't experienced in this area. I already checked. I'd rather send it to some one who knows.

PM me please.
Thank you
Pete
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: XTS500 firmware upgrade

Post by HLA »

most local shops can't do that anyway, there's some paperwork you have to fill out and fax in to morotola and they will get back with you on a price, it's gonna depend on the options in the radio and if you want anything added. is there anything wrong with the radio, sometimes it's cheaper to send it in to be fixed for a cheaper job and it will come back with new firmware.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

HLA wrote:most local shops can't do that anyway, there's some paperwork you have to fill out and fax in to morotola and they will get back with you on a price, it's gonna depend on the options in the radio and if you want anything added. is there anything wrong with the radio, sometimes it's cheaper to send it in to be fixed for a cheaper job and it will come back with new firmware.
All he wants is a firmware re-fresh, not a flash update. It SHOULD BE a list of $75.00 plus the shops labor if you go to an MSS.

Jim
firetech792

Post by firetech792 »

Case resolved.
Thanks all for the help and replies.
MODS, you can delete this thread.
akardam

Post by akardam »

firetech792 wrote:Case resolved.
Thanks all for the help and replies.
MODS, you can delete this thread.
We don't delete threads just because your question was answered.
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

HLA wrote:sometimes it's cheaper to send it in to be fixed for a cheaper job and it will come back with new firmware.
Nice trick! :)
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”