Mototrbo Flashcode!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: Mototrbo Flashcode!

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Totally different radio with obviously different flashcode setup.
I would say it's irrelevant rather than interesting.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

The radio reference flash decoder is a little outdated - try www.akardam.net/moto - the flashcode decoer ring that he made is a bit more accurate providing you choose the right model radio.

I think the flashcodes on the Trbo's are probably going to be used for future system enhancements for the trbo - I don't think it means what we would all come to expect, but I did notice that the VHF one I have happens to have one.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the flashcodes in the MotoTRBO radios don't have any direct bearing on the published flashcode information from other Flashport radios. In your example above it claims the radio can modulate P25, which we know is not the case.

Since the current MotoTRBO CPS doesn't reference a feature string, nor anywhere in the CPS itself is listed the concept of Flashport, for the moment what it means will continue to be a mystery.
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

I wasnt trying to insist on p25 modulation or anything just thought it was neat on how it came out on the decoder, as for flashport upgrades and other stuff I didnt want any one to form a idea that it was possible, just thought i was a neat thing.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”