k5 blazer questions

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crazyboy

k5 blazer questions

Post by crazyboy »

Anyone have any ideas for some type of console for inside a '93 k5 blazer? Looking to mount 4-5radios and a switch box in it. A laptop mount would be good too. Also in the back/cargo area. A place to mount the control units for the radios, relay boxes for the switches, relays, power distribution, strobe pack, all the other goodies :lol: . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
crazyboy

Re: k5 blazer questions

Post by crazyboy »

bump
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

Maybe a surplus 2-ton UPS van would be a better vehicle? You might be able to squeeze a doppler weather radar unit in there too... :o

Seriously, I don't know. That's super custom, but I love your ambition. Almost anything that can be imagined, can be acheived though! 8)

Just thought I'd drop a comment and wish ya luck...

Terry
Terry
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Thanks, It looks like I will need to fab everything. Oh well More stuff to entertain myself with :o And the radar, why didn't I think of that, such a great idea :lol:
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Ok one more quick question (yea right :lol: ) I'm going to make a I guess sort of false floor in the back and mount the radios, strobe packs, fuse panels distribution etc back there. I'm planning on making it with 3/4" mdf covered with carpeting on the exterior and bolted down. Now I know for the strobe pack atleast your supposed to mount it to metal to let it dissapate heat. So what should I put between it and the mdf?
gws
Batboard $upporter

Post by gws »

I had a procopper mount in a 92 1500 blazer.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/garlei/imag ... _radio.jpg
Gary N8EMR
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

gws wrote:I had a procopper mount in a 92 1500 blazer.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/garlei/imag ... _radio.jpg
Thanks looks good. I think I'm going to end up just waiting and getting a gamber johnson long top plate, universal mounts, etc and make it work :lol:

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”