Remot Spectra Problems

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crazyboy

Remot Spectra Problems

Post by crazyboy »

I have a mid power remtoe mount vhf a5 spectra that im trying to program. I'm using the rear db15 on the radio. I have the radio on, as soon as I hit read the radio starts rebooting itself. Screen goes from blank -> programming -> check rapidly and randomly. The software then quits trying to read it. I have no problems with dashmounts :x
Jim202

Re: Remot Spectra Problems

Post by Jim202 »

Taking a WAG, I might be prone to say someone may have made a mod to the pin out connections
on the rear DB15. A solution would be to try using the DB25 connector on the front of the radio
next to the remote head cable. Just means you will have to make up an interface cable between
that connector and your RIB. Diagram is in the Batlabs web site.

Jim

crazyboy wrote:I have a mid power remtoe mount vhf a5 spectra that im trying to program. I'm using the rear db15 on the radio. I have the radio on, as soon as I hit read the radio starts rebooting itself. Screen goes from blank -> programming -> check rapidly and randomly. The software then quits trying to read it. I have no problems with dashmounts :x
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

I guess its possible. I changed it to a dash mount just for S&G's and tried it but same problem. This time after doing the same thing though it said the radio was selectively inhibited :o. I'm ready to start throwing stuff.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Changed out heads and now it programmed. :D
Will

Post by Will »

Seems not to be a programming problem, I am figuring the leaking caps in the control head ate up something.

Return to “Radio Programming”