IFR 1500 and 1200 CRT'S

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

patdunne
New User

IFR 1500 and 1200 CRT'S

Post by patdunne »

does anyone know a source of crt's for ifr 1200 and 1500 monitors? regards pat

[Using ALL CAPS is generally considered rude. Please don't do it again. - akardam]
chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

Re: IFR 1500 and 1200 CRT'S

Post by chpalmer »

Take a look here for some links that could possibly help you...

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56882
Winegard Interference

Updated to working link! Still hearing these all over the place.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Unobtainium

Post by Wowbagger »

Unfortunately, new bottles are unobtainium - that was the single biggest factor in the 1500 and 1200 being discontinued (if we could have gotten a source for the bottles we probably would still be making them, even though their profit margins sucked).

I know of a few people hording a supply for their own use, but that's it - they won't be parting with them without violence.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
rangrdoug
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by rangrdoug »

Give K G Electronics a try. He is in Wichita Kansas. Google K G Electronics or the IFR Doctor for more info.
w3kq
New User

Post by w3kq »

This is a long shot, but having worked in the TV Broadcast biz for years, we were able to get many obsolete tubes rebuilt by some of the tube rebuilders. One that comes to mind is http://www.hawkeyepicturetube.com/index.html. There used to be others, but I've been out of the business now for a couple of years. I still have friends that work there, and can get more names if you wish. I can tell you they re-gunned tubes that Tektronix forgot they even made. One guy we used dared you to send him something he couldn't rebuild. Good Luck, Rick W3KQ

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”