Beginning of Transmission is Missing

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motodudeHT
New User
What radios do you own?: HT750,HT1250,HT1250LS,MinitorV

Beginning of Transmission is Missing

Post by motodudeHT »

Hello,

I have a HT 1250 and also a fleet of CT150's that I use with. I have CPS programming software and program the 1250 myself. I have had some trouble with missing the beginning of peoples transmissions for some reason. Anyone know why. We do run a repeater with it, which takes about a 1.5 second key up time. But I know the problem isn't the person not waiting for the repeater to kick in because the CT picks it up first. I figure its some squelch adjustment of problem, just not sure how to fix it. Thank you to anyone the can help.

Motodude
crazyboy

Re: Beginning of Transmission is Missing

Post by crazyboy »

Are all the radios experiencing the same problem or just yours? do you run pre ptt-id, if so do you have a side tone set and sure the users are waiting? Also if you have DOS muting setup is it set to mute too long? Repeater setup to strip the mdc and stripping too long? I'm not a brainiac tho, so you might want to wait for one of the smart people to come in. :lol:
What radios do you own?: EX600 XLS

Re: Beginning of Transmission is Missing

Post by 545 »

Another possiblity is the battery saver function. I had a group of radios that had the battery saver option enabled, and they always lost the first part of the transmissions also. After I disabled this feature, the problem disappeared.
Dave

Return to “Radio Programming”