APX7000 Availability

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ddiesel2006
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX7000, XTL5000

APX7000 Availability

Post by ddiesel2006 »

Any rumors on when these are to be released?
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Re: APX7000 Availability

Post by Jim2121 »

Being introduced at APCO this past August 2008? http://www.radioreference.com/forums/sh ... p?t=114465
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
Deputy Disaster

Post by Deputy Disaster »

From my Moto Dealer: "After talking to Motorola, it sounds like availability of the APX 7000 is 1st quarter 2009. We are supposed to have pricing in Dec 2008. "
billforbush
New User
What radios do you own?: /\/\ Astro Spectras, XTS5K

Post by billforbush »

Am at a statewide interoperable communications conference and the Motorola rep just briefed the group on the APEX today. He said they are expected out mid-2009. Confirmed the details mentioned in the RR post in that XTS accessories will not work, but also mentioned that the size and weight are less than the XTS5000, pricing similar and 50% louder/clearer audio. Compliant with P25 Phase I and II TDMA. Sounds like it is being marketed heavily to the fire service that needs trunked 800 for interoperability but maintains VHF for tactical use. Pictures are ugly but I'd still love to get my hands on one!

Bill
carbineone

Post by carbineone »

What about the VHF - UHF (450-520) model ?
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

Post by 2wayfreq »

A UHF 700/800 is supposed to follow right behind the initial release of this one. Not sure if we are talking 380-470 or 450-520 (or both)?. There are APX training classes in Schaumberg in August 09. Hopefully, I'll get to go then. Riverside County, CA plans to have 60 plus sites VHF/700 Narrow with some 800 for interoperability with adjacent Counties. Eventually we'll go TDMA Phase II.
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections
carbineone

Post by carbineone »

I am looking for the VHF/UHF high split combo but probably won't see it until 2010.
Rod Farva
What radios do you own?: Way too many!!

Post by Rod Farva »

APX7000s will not be released to the sales people for demo until the 3rd quarter of 09 and full release is not expected till first quarter of 2010, there hopes however are to push the product out by end of 3rd quarter or beginning of 4th quarter of 09. I have held the only 2 radios that have been manufactured in my hands and I have pictures to prove it. If no one believes me I can email pictures. The same 2 that I have held have been traveling the country for a little bit. I can tell you I want one of these radios badly and they are freakin cool, I do not think they are ugly at all!
I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA I WANT A GOD*&^*& LITER OF COLA!
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

Rod Farva wrote:APX7000s will not be released to the sales people for demo until the 3rd quarter of 09 and full release is not expected till first quarter of 2010, there hopes however are to push the product out by end of 3rd quarter or beginning of 4th quarter of 09. I have held the only 2 radios that have been manufactured in my hands and I have pictures to prove it. If no one believes me I can email pictures. The same 2 that I have held have been traveling the country for a little bit. I can tell you I want one of these radios badly and they are freakin cool, I do not think they are ugly at all!
Care to clarify what you mean by "the only 2 radios that have been manufactured"? Do you mean the 2 different models (top display only and dual display)? Because we got to actually talk on upwards of 20 APX's in Kansas City back in July, and those were the ones not behind glass... I must agree they are the 'new hotness'.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
Rod Farva
What radios do you own?: Way too many!!

Post by Rod Farva »

according to the engineering department, the 2 models I held were the only 2 manufactured, did the ones you saw have engineering prototype engraved on the front?
I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA I WANT A GOD*&^*& LITER OF COLA!
GEMOTO

Post by GEMOTO »

There were definately more than two manufactured. I was at APCO ovber the summer and they had at least 20 working prototyps at the booth for people to play with. They also has 7-8 of the mobiles. However, as resqguy911 says there are two different models offered in regards to display and keypad.
motofreak008

Post by motofreak008 »

I have to say, I was looking on motorola.com and saw these radios and fell in love right away. I think they look awesome and would to get my hands on one, even if it is to try it out, but it would be much better if it was my own! Do you know if they will be coming out with a VHF/UHF model?
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

Post by 2wayfreq »

From what I understand (I could be wrong), that they are not going to have a "Quad Band" model. It will be VHF/700/800 with the eventual addition of a UHF/700/800 later on. For me, its wait and see how well these will perform initially. Don't forget, like anything brand new, I don't believe they will be exactly perfect out of the factory. Some kinks will likely need to be addressed. As in: Firmware issues and functional adjustments after they have been in the field for a bit. Not only with the radio, also with the entire trunking infrastructure. We will probably be hammering out wrinkles for a year or (3) after we cut over, but that's kinda normal.
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”