MTR2000 opens Rx only during dekey

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RF_Burns

MTR2000 opens Rx only during dekey

Post by RF_Burns »

Hi,
I have a MTR2000 that would not open its Rx until the received signal dropped, and then it would open for a few milliseconds. Its almost like it would open during the reverse-burst of the PL from the transmitting radio, but it would do the same thing with the IFR by just dropping the carrier (no reverse burst doing that).

Of course now that I have it on the bench its working fine now.

Anyone one else seen a similar problem?

:o
chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

Re: MTR2000 opens Rx only during dekey

Post by chpalmer »

Never seen it here. But perhaps the extended shutdown and reboot cleared it for a time. Id be suspicious of that radio for a while.

Ive seen close proximity lightning do all sorts of funny things. Maybe what happened to yours...
Winegard Interference

Updated to working link! Still hearing these all over the place.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

I wonder if there is something up with the PTT priority settings. Maybe during RX it is giving priority to the line, on drop of COR it then picks up the RX signal. Maydy try setting PTT prioity to something different, program, power reset the program back to proper PTT priortity for your application, reprogram, power reset and test.
Vercomm

Post by Vercomm »

Just another note.......check the units firmware. Moto released a bulletin for upgrading the firmware of MTR's. You're exact symptoms aren't on the FSB but the firmware is free and it never hurts to have the most up-to-date firmware. New release is R03.04.03

Just an FYI.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
ard099

Post by ard099 »

Have you checked the antenna? Sounds like it might be desens.
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Any chance you have an external controller?

I've experienced this issue when COR and/or PTT polarity is set incorrectly (goes low rather than high under carrier).

Just another random idea :)

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”