08 Explorer install No lightbar!

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

08 Explorer install No lightbar!

Post by OCSD117 »

Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
kb9suy
What radios do you own?: too many!!

Re: 08 Explorer install No lightbar!

Post by kb9suy »

Nice install Looks good how about some day picks.
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

will take some today!
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by rwo978 »

Too much white to the rear.
Ryan
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

wanted to give it contrast we are very rural and people don't always see the blue lights!
SCLarmon

Post by SCLarmon »

So what does the Explorer have installed? Looks like LAWs in the brake/reverse and fog lights. Please post a list. Looks nice.
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

In the Front there are 2 TIR3's in the Lower Grill, 2 LIN3's in the upper grill, 2 Single Talons on the Dash, and a 2 pack of hideaway LED's in the Fog lights.

In the Rear there is a 4 pack of the of clear hideaway LED's in the taillights and reverse lights, two Mini Phantoms in the upper rear window and 2 LIN3's on the tailgate.

I am doing another 08 explorer and the only changes are the new Avenger replacing the talons on the dash and LIN4's on the grill instead of TIR/LIN3's.

Mike
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

Forgot to mention:

Jotto Console

TK-790/890 Series radio

Code 3 Switch box Siren Combo
SCLarmon

Post by SCLarmon »

Nice setup. I noticed you said Linear 4's in the grill on the next install. Will they fit between the grill slats? I'm thinking about putting Linear 4's in my grill (07 Explorer) as well but was concened with the space. I have (4) Linear 3's now that I was thinking of moving to the running boards (two on each side) for some more side warning. I'd love to so with Linear 6's in the grill, but I'm thinking they are way to big to shine between the slats.
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

they are mounted on the outside of the grill
DocHolliday
New User

Post by DocHolliday »

Very Nice setup. Would also like to see some day pics.
I'm also getting a 2008 Explorer prepped for a friend to do a major install on his within the next week or so.
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

Here are the pics from the current explorer install:

LIN4's in the Top Grill

LIN4's in the upper and lower grill Top ones are BLUE/CLEAR Lower ones are BLUE/BLUE

Whelen Hideaway LED in Fog lights

Whelen Hideaway LED in tail lights
High_order1

Post by High_order1 »

I think I can speak for us all when I say that I am truly glad you chose to be clothed when you shot the bumper pic.... :o :lol:

Did you run into any unforseen hitches upfitting the ex?

-Shawn
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

Not really but we didn't go with a lightbar! that might be though because of the airbag setup on everypost no where to run the lightbar cable! Just finished opne with the LIN 4's and it looks great!

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”