Smart Siren SS2000 PA Volume

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

The Comish

Smart Siren SS2000 PA Volume

Post by The Comish »

Does anyone know if the volume on a Smart Siren SS2000 can be increased. It all functions fine and the volume is good for surface streets but it needs to be louder for the freeway. Speaker is 100W so it should handle it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
signal12hvac
New User

Re: Smart Siren SS2000 PA Volume

Post by signal12hvac »

only the volume for radio rebroadcast and p.a. are adjustable. unless the amplifier can be set for 100 or 200 watts output, you cant change the volume on the siren tones. you can try relocating/positioning the speaker. hope this helps you.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

When your in urban areas or just surface streets the siren will sound louder due to reflection off buildings and other objects also your speed. When on the freeway the area is more open and you are going at a higher speed. That's known as overdriving the siren.
The Comish

Post by The Comish »

Thank you for the replies...My post was to generic so I apologize. I want to know how to adjust the "PA VOLUME" as I need it a little louder on the frwy.

So any help on adjusting the PA VOLUME would be appreciated.
radioinst
New User

Post by radioinst »

its inside the black box on the side. remove the 2 1/4" screws enough to slide the cover off and look at the side of the siren, there are 2 pots, 1 for the radio volume and 1 for the pa.
EPC_1111
What radios do you own?: More than you could imagine

Post by EPC_1111 »

Yes you just have to adjust the pot, but keep in mind the PA does not go up to 100w just the siren does.
antennas require holes anything else ruins performance and looks lame

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”