XTS3500 Erase Enc and PW ?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motoapco25

XTS3500 Erase Enc and PW ?

Post by motoapco25 »

anyone know how to Zeroize All Keys and Password on a Encrypted Xts3500R the passwords long forgotten and id like to load a new one i thought you could do it in CPS but no luck
Hightower

Re: XTS3500 Erase Enc and PW ?

Post by Hightower »

With the radio ON, press the orange (top button) & side Purple (monitor button) at the same time. This should erase your keys and password - at least that's how it's done on the 3K and 5K's.
motoapco25

Post by motoapco25 »

tried that both Purple first and orange first all i get is DEAD LOCKED after doing it

is there a Default password it resets too ?
akardam

Post by akardam »

My experience with the 3500 is limited, but on other radios in its lineage, having a radio password and encryption capabilities are two separate things. I suspect based on your description that you're talking about a radio lock password. This is usually easy enough to disable - read the radio and turn off the feature.

As far as the keys, as posted above, there's a number of ways to zeroize them. Another more roundabout way would be to turn off infinite key retention in the software and then let the radio sit for a couple of minutes or so without the battery on it - that should also zeroize the keys.
motoapco25

Post by motoapco25 »

ok tried that and still in CPS it lets me turn the password on and off but not change it every thing else on that tab is grayed out to where nothings editable
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Just wondering because you keep refering to CPS, the radio is a 3500 and not a 3000?

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
motoapco25

Post by motoapco25 »

DER youre right its a 3000 in a 3500 case sorry lol
mike m

Post by mike m »

Go into secure/secure configuration and turn secure off then the password fields will show up in the radio lock menu.

This should permit you to turn the mandatory password off then you can re-enable the secure options.
motoapco25

Post by motoapco25 »

ok tried all that changed PW now when i re enable the Enc. module the new password does not work its like there is a PW in the module or something i have access to a KVL3000 if i need it but nobody knows how to use it it was bought and never used is there a PDF manual online somewhere maybe the module needs to be re set or initialized from the KVL ?

Return to “Radio Programming”