Volume of pager alert tones

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mrtor
What radios do you own?: Analogue, Digital x lots

Volume of pager alert tones

Post by mrtor »

We have just purchased 60 new Advisor II pagers for use in our hospital. Problem is that in some of the areas we have a higher than normal nosie level (not industrial level noise but noiser than your average ICU in a hospital).

THe Advisor II pagers just don't cut it with the alert tones and they often can't be heard.

Can anyone suggest a LOUDER pager from the Motorola Range that is still current ?

I have altered the alert tone from 3.2 down to 2.5 which helped a little, but it is still not adequate.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Michael
Zack08

Re: Volume of pager alert tones

Post by Zack08 »

I have the same complaint about the Advisor IIs (but otherwise I think they're nice pagers 8) ). The Advisor Golds have a much louder alert, but I honestly dont know if they are still an active Motorola product line.
mrtor
What radios do you own?: Analogue, Digital x lots

Re: Volume of pager alert tones

Post by mrtor »

Zack08 wrote:I have the same complaint about the Advisor IIs (but otherwise I think they're nice pagers 8) ). The Advisor Golds have a much louder alert, but I honestly dont know if they are still an active Motorola product line.
We've now given up and are replacing all of them with the Commtech Wireless 7900 that have a nice LOUD beep !

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”