Install in 2002 Ram

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tbski
What radios do you own?: Harris, Kenwood, Motorola

Install in 2002 Ram

Post by tbski »

I've seen some of the posts regarding installs and was wondering who could help me with some assistance.
I recently got a '02 Ram and am looking for any suggestions or tips regarding an install of radio and other emergency equipement.
The truck has a different dash and console design than the '94 or '98 model. In my '97, I just put a center stack up on the side of the 4 wheel drive shifter. Chrysler hasn't made it easy to just add a console with the 4x4 shifter and the fold down cup holders in the 2002.
I'm thinking i'll need a radio with a remote head etc. But that is just the answer too one of my problems, as i'll need to add a switch box, siren, scanner, and a mounted portable radio charger.
As much as i'd like to keep the equipement all in a common location I don't think its possible and will have to put the stuff all over the the hump and under dash area.
If any one out there has worked on any of these vehicles and/or has any ideas please let me know.
Thanks.

Tom
N9CZV

Post by N9CZV »

Check out how I did my 2000 Dodge at my web. This might give you an idea. Its under Photos Gallery. http://www.n9czv.com

David
YoChief

Post by YoChief »

Whoa, Dave, Dude, GREAT looking install!

If you can't Dodge'em, Ram'em :D
N9CZV

Post by N9CZV »

Thanks I have been doing installs for a long time. My next project is to put an Astro in there

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”