Antenna Cable Routing

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rodrocket
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola CP200,GM950 Plus

Antenna Cable Routing

Post by rodrocket »

greetings from Australia

i am new to this radio scene so please forgive my lack of knowlage in this area

i have been reading here & several other site's for the past few weeks & have decided that its time i register & find some answers to my questions

i am about to install a radio system into a race car & have a few questions that i am hopeing to find answers to

i need to mount the antenna inside the rear window between the rear wheel arches of the car & need some info on the routing of the antenna cable

from were the antenna is to be mounted to were the radio will be mounted the antenna cable needs to run beside the Main battery cable for 3 to 4 feet

will this have any affect on the performance of the radio

the radio's that we will be useing are Motorolla CP200 16 Channel

regards
rod
Jim202

Re: Antenna Cable Routing

Post by Jim202 »

I wouldn't expect you to have any problems.

Jim

rodrocket wrote:greetings from Australia

i am new to this radio scene so please forgive my lack of knowlage in this area

i have been reading here & several other site's for the past few weeks & have decided that its time i register & find some answers to my questions

i am about to install a radio system into a race car & have a few questions that i am hopeing to find answers to

i need to mount the antenna inside the rear window between the rear wheel arches of the car & need some info on the routing of the antenna cable

from were the antenna is to be mounted to were the radio will be mounted the antenna cable needs to run beside the Main battery cable for 3 to 4 feet

will this have any affect on the performance of the radio

the radio's that we will be useing are Motorolla CP200 16 Channel

regards
rod
rodrocket
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola CP200,GM950 Plus

Re: Antenna Cable Routing

Post by rodrocket »

thanks for the reply Jim

i was just a little worried that it my give me some type of electrical interfearance in the radio

regards
rod

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”