Motorola MW520 Questions

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bmac67
New User

Motorola MW520 Questions

Post by bmac67 »

I have 3 5203A units with the newer black keyboards and monitors that require there own power supply. These all have Kussmaul load managers with them (091-125-004) I am wondering if anyone has any information on the load managers.
I am also wondering about the wiring on these 3 units. They all have a Grey cable that is wired into the harness that feeds the main unit and monitor. It is a serial looking connector 15 pin and seem to be able to plug into the AUX port on the back of the computer unit. Does anyone know what I am talking about here? The unit operates fine without it, but I am just curious if this is for that purpose or maybe it was for a additional piece of equipment.

Also There is a IDB port on the back, what is this used for?

Lastly are there drivers available for XP to use the touch screen? If so do you know the proper one to download from ELO?

Thanks for the help, this board is a wealth of information!

Bryan
blavitch
New User

Re: Motorola MW520 Questions

Post by blavitch »

i am on the same point.

I dont know what is IDB connector, i have one load management Kussmaul 091-125 power unit but i dont know how connect this.

Any information ?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

IDB port was created to interface with the car computer. It never ended up being supported, so don't worry about it. It wasn't carried over to the MW800 series.

Don't bother with the Kussmaul unit. Just connect the main power leads (using the standard Motorola radio power cables) and your good. Don't worry about the AUX connector either.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
blavitch
New User

Post by blavitch »

Thank's PJ !

The kussmaul items dropped to the trashcan... :)

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”