MW-800 F5206 Setup Utility PASSWORD?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bbklover
New User

MW-800 F5206 Setup Utility PASSWORD?

Post by bbklover »

Hello to all, I'm new to this forum. I just purchase an MW-800 F5206, it currently has Win2000 installed as the OS. I want to upgrade it to XP pro, SP3. However, when I press F2 for it to enter the "PHOENIXBIOS SETUP UTILITY" so that I can boot from usb cdrom, it ask for a PASSWORD. Does anyone have any idea what the oem password is or maybe bypass this option.

I tried running the XP cdrom after the computer boots up. It enters XP setup and runs for about 5 mins and gives me an error msg. I'm thinking the only way is to boot from the XP cd itself.

This is the only thing that's holding me back...I've searched and searched the net and even read through the owner's manual but no luck. Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance!!
JD
alex
Administrator

Re: MW-800 F5206 Setup Utility PASSWORD?

Post by alex »

bbklover wrote:Hello to all, I'm new to this forum. I just purchase an MW-800 F5206, it currently has Win2000 installed as the OS. I want to upgrade it to XP pro, SP3. However, when I press F2 for it to enter the "PHOENIXBIOS SETUP UTILITY" so that I can boot from usb cdrom, it ask for a PASSWORD. Does anyone have any idea what the oem password is or maybe bypass this option.

I tried running the XP cdrom after the computer boots up. It enters XP setup and runs for about 5 mins and gives me an error msg. I'm thinking the only way is to boot from the XP cd itself.

This is the only thing that's holding me back...I've searched and searched the net and even read through the owner's manual but no luck. Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance!!
JD
Contact Motorola Data support and they should have a procedure for doing that. They may tell you to send it to the factory due to the fact that the deconstruction and reconstruction of a MW is not the easiest of things in the world to do. Normal computers are much easier to service.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”