VRS750 Help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

billforbush
New User
What radios do you own?: /\/\ Astro Spectras, XTS5K

VRS750 Help

Post by billforbush »

Just configured a UHF VRS750 with an APCO-25 800 MHz Astro Spectra with W5 remote head. The repeater is working, including PL-controlled mode steering on the mobile, but I can't locate a means of turning the VRS750 on and off. None of the control head buttons seem to have VRS as a programmable option. I am not using a DEK, and would hate to connect one for just one button. Is there a way to connect an external switch like the old VRS units?

I also discovered a weird thing - the VRS materials say that one cannot use scan and VRS simultaneously. When testing tonight, I found that if the mobile is in scan mode when the VRS is activated, it repeats the scanned audio through the VRS but does not indicate that scan is activated on the control head. Pressing the scan button has no effect. Unplug the VRS and all is normal.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks -

Bill

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”