Mototrbo CPS codeplug password

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mmc-dsm

Mototrbo CPS codeplug password

Post by mmc-dsm »

Hi all,

Been an avid reader for a lot of years and since I always find my answers by doing a search I didn't bother to have a username before. Sorry about that...

Now I have question where I didn't find an answer.

Recently I purchased a batch of like new XPR6500. I'm trying to read those radios an I am getting the codeplug password box. I tried about every common and bizarre passwords I could think of but I'm still stuck.

Is there a way of bypassing the codeplug password like a universal password? Or is there another way to get the password? I'm just stuck with those radios and cannot do anything with them.

Edited for compliance with Forum rules by Tom in D.C.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Mototrbo CPS codeplug password

Post by escomm »

Hello, this topic has been asked and answered more than a few times in our MotoTRBO forum, which can be found here: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewforum.php?f=36

There are several methods to accomplish this, some terms to help refine your search include winhex and wireshark
mmc-dsm

Post by mmc-dsm »

Thank you very much Escomm. I don't know why the search didn't give me any results but now I have my information. Thanks again.
formula1976
New User
What radios do you own?: XPR6550; CP200; CP 150;

Post by formula1976 »

To find the password you need to have a copy of the codeplug in your computer.
Be carefull with the radios as some in the past used to lock. Then you
need to send it in to Motorola.
Flash the Radio and start it fresh.
mmc-dsm

Post by mmc-dsm »

I did what was written on another thread and can confirm you don't need to have a saved codeplug to get the password. You can get it just by doing a read on the radio that has the codeplug password.

Did it with wireshark and works A1! You can actually intercept the password and put it in the password field right after and enter into the codeplug.
max track

Post by max track »

MMC, Can you enlighten me on how wire shark sees the password? I tried several times with no luck, tried using an open radio, added a password, the used wire shark while I read it to see if I could see "my" password and no luck either. what am I doing wrong?

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”