Panasonic CF-WEB273 Dock mount

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Panasonic CF-WEB273 Dock mount

Post by NSPD »

I have a Panasonic CF-WEB273 docking station for a CF-28 toughbook. I want to install this dock in a 2005 Ford Explorer Limited that already has a Jotto Desk radio console to replace another laptop that is currently mounted inside with an improvised mount.

I have been unable to locate the appropriate parts to mount the Docking Station in the car. It seems that most manufacturers want to use their own proprietary docking station with their mounting arms. I have emailed a couple of manufacturers with no luck.

Does anyone currently have one of these installed that knows a part number(s) for the mounting arm that attaches to the seat bolts to hold the docking station, preferably with a quick-release for the whole assembly above the seat mount.

Many thanks!

Edited because I apparently can't spell.
Jake
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Re: Panasonic CF-WEB273 Dock mount

Post by KG6EAQ »

I don't recall which actual toughbook docking station I used, but the CF-WEB273 sounds familiar. I mounted up in an explorer with Gamber Johnson parts. It was in an older explorer, 01, but I think the parts are the same. I used a DS-114 for the seat mount, a DS-LOWER-5 for the base, and a DS-CLEVIS mounted to a QADJ-UPPER-M5. I then simply bolted the Panasonic docking station to the DS-CLEVIS.
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Does your dock need the bottom mounting plate so that attachments can bolt to it? The panasonic vehicle docks do NOT come with these. I highly recommend Gamber Johnson for your mounting needs.

Jason
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

Yup.. i'm pretty sure that's what I need to find the part number for.. my Docking station doesn't have anything for the swing arm to attach to.
Jake
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Check ebay item #310120625782

I think this is what you are looking for.

Jason
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

KB9KST wrote:Check ebay item #310120625782

I think this is what you are looking for.

Jason
Shoot, I didn't even know that they didn't come together :lol: I've bought both of mine used and they came with the regular four screw mount on bottom.
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”