Minitor I RF Board

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HRN

Minitor I RF Board

Post by HRN »

I know they use the same filters, but I wasn't sure about the RF Boards. If I had one I would take it apart myself, but I don't, so I thought I would throw it out for an answer. Will the RF board in an original Minitor work in a Minitor II?

Thanks.
res6cue

Re: Minitor I RF Board

Post by res6cue »

No, they are a completely different animal not even closely resembling or related to one another.

By the way, the majority of Minitor I pagers actually don't use the same tone filters as the Minitor II. The Minitor I used large KLN6202A/B Vibrasponder reeds, whereas the Minitor II used much smaller NLN7834A Permacode active filters. There were some later model Minitor I boards that used NLN8503A Permacode active filters (and could also accept the newer, smaller NLN7834A Permacode active filters that the Minitor II used) instead of reeds, but those tend to be in the minority.

http://www.gcomradio.com/tone_pict.jpg

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”