Astro Spectra still depot supported?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firetech792

Astro Spectra still depot supported?

Post by firetech792 »

I have a stack of bad Astro Spectras (VSELP) that have built up over the years. Any one know if the depot still repairing these?
Thanks
Pete
4n6inv

Re: Astro Spectra still depot supported?

Post by 4n6inv »

I don't know about VSELP, but I just got a 110 watt W-9 VHF Astro Spectra back from the depo last week. Had no discussions with them regarding discontinuing supporting them, but they change from day to day. Plus; with it being a VSELP; I don't know what you'd get back.

Mine went in as a "Plain Jane" with nothing but Conventional IMBE and came back with the latest firmware, Hardware encryption, multikey and and DES-OFB UCM in it. Other feature that we don't use were also included. The was one of the FD radios, and they don't even use secure. The Flashcode was completely different from what went in. But; this was a radio that was completely fried from a brush truck that one of the knuckleheads hooked up the battery charger backwards on with the 12v switch still on. They had to replace almost everything - including the control head.You never know - Pot Luck Picks.

BTW; be ready to fork over $495.00 for the depo flat rate...

Give 'em a call, but as of a month ago; they took this one in.

Jim
firetech792

Post by firetech792 »

ok great. Thanks for the info. $495 is ok since its not my money.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

According to the Depot spreadsheet on MOL, most of the Astro Spectras are supported through the end of 2010 as long as parts are available. If you have Astro Spectra PLUS high power (VHF/UHF), they are done 10/30/2010.

Dave

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”