XTL5000 Mid-Power W7 Remote to O5 Dash Conversion

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JeffFireRadio

XTL5000 Mid-Power W7 Remote to O5 Dash Conversion

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Thanks for taking a look. I've read the numerous posts on similar conversions, but don't see my exact project listed nor have a feel for the specific parts numbers I'm going to need. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an XTL5000 UHF Q-split W7 remote mid-power radio, nos, with a CEW serial sequence (i.e. late 2004) and original host/DSP. I need to convert it to an O5 dash mount unit.

I have picked up a nos O-5 head (HLN1463E) with a 285/04 datecode.

I'm guessing a firmware upgrade flash is probably step one. Yes?

Next, does one of the above-price-book kits (Hxxxx) help with this project, and if so, which one?

If not, can anyone help me ID the list of parts required...correct flex, headbridge, hardware, etc.?

Thanks again.

--Jeff
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: XTL5000 Mid-Power W7 Remote to O5 Dash Conversion

Post by n7maq »

JeffFireRadio

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Thank you. Hmmm, the "XTL5K" part ensured that this post had escaped my many search permutations. I'd still entertain inputs from others on their experiences. In the mean time, I went ahead and ordered H1819 from M. Prrricey! Thanks all.
akardam

Post by akardam »

H1819 is the whole kit and kaboodle, including a brand new control head. No need to spend 5+ benjamins...

If you've already got the control head, all you really need is the HKN6192 O5 mid power dash mount flex (list about $30), and the 1585245E02 O5 dash mount headbridge (list about $6). Also, a firmware refresh (which by the way is not included in any of the Hxxxx kits), which is $75 at list.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”