Narrowbanding PM1500 with Astro 25 mobile R13

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HenryJ
New User

Narrowbanding PM1500 with Astro 25 mobile R13

Post by HenryJ »

I am having one heck of a time figuring out how to select 12.5 spacing on our PM1500 radios.

Currently using Astro 25 mobile R13.00.01 to program Motorola PM1500 mobiles. I use XP and Vista laptops.

The menu drops down to show 20kHz , 25kHz, 12.5kHz but it will not select other than 25kHz

Looking through the cryptic help menus I see a reference to astro and Non-astro, but I'll be darned if I can find it. What do I need to do to get these so I can select narrow band?
akardam

Re: Narrowbanding PM1500 with Astro 25 mobile R13

Post by akardam »

Sounds like you're trying to modify the TX Opt Channel Spacing parameter in the Zone Chan screen. You have to modify TX Opt Transmit Dev instead.
HenryJ
New User

Re: Narrowbanding PM1500 with Astro 25 mobile R13

Post by HenryJ »

BINGO!

Thank you. I knew it had to be something simple. Why they don't work both ways I'll never know. I had been trying to make things way to complicated.

Return to “Radio Programming”