XTS5000 RF-Board swap ERROR 01/22

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Code3
Batboard $upporter

XTS5000 RF-Board swap ERROR 01/22

Post by Code3 »

Hi Guys,

I Have a problem with a XTS5000 RF board swap. The old RF Board was an NLD8910G with very low output power. It was replaced with a spare NLD8910B that was available. The swap went fine, and I added crypto at the same time. I aligned the radio, and enabled secure in the CPS. After that, the radio gave me an ERROR 01/22 (Tuning partition check-sum error) and the tuner version shows L00.00.00

Other than that, the radio functions perfectly and is in spec for TX/RX, but I get the error code upon power up every time.

I can't find any reference to RF-board swap procedures in the Basic or Detailed service manuals that I have.

Where did I go wrong?
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Re: XTS5000 RF-Board swap ERROR 01/22

Post by Code3 »

Unfortunately this didn't do it. If only the RF board replacement process was covered more thoroughly in the the service manual.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”