Acoustic Tube Headsets - How good?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

maxkelley_kc2spy
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K-Q, ASpectra, MT2K

Acoustic Tube Headsets - How good?

Post by maxkelley_kc2spy »

Hi all,
I'm sure we've all seen the ads on eBay for those acoustic tube headsets that come from China. I was wondering if anyone has ever bought one of them, and what you think of the quality of them? (Do they work?)
I would be using mine with a MT2000, and would also like the ability to use it with a Visar, so I was looking for one with the 3.5mm plug so that I could use it with the Visar OR the MT with the BDN6676.

Or does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for receive and transmit capabilities, and will mostly be using it for concerts/play productions.

Thanks in advance,
Max Kelley KC2SPY
http://www.maxkelley.com
MT2000 VHF & UHF A7, Visar UHF, ASII UHF, Maratrac UHF, Astro Spectra UHF, MCS2KIII 900, XTS2.5K-Q
KX5MOT
was JonboyOK
What radios do you own?: Motorola Talkabout 250

Re: Acoustic Tube Headsets - How good?

Post by KX5MOT »

I've never used the china ones just because I wouldn't trust them, I think most of them look chintzy. I prefer to use the Otto/Motorola brand kits, they work well.
"Archers."
"I beg pardon, sire. Won't we hit our own troops?"
"Yes....but we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves....attack"
chrismoll12

Post by chrismoll12 »

They work pretty good and it makes me feel like a covert agent :lol:
The audio quality is good, but it depends on who make it. The crappy chinese on ebay aren't that great but they do work and they're cheap
maxkelley_kc2spy
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K-Q, ASpectra, MT2K

Post by maxkelley_kc2spy »

How pricy are those, and do you have any links to the products?
Max Kelley KC2SPY
http://www.maxkelley.com
MT2000 VHF & UHF A7, Visar UHF, ASII UHF, Maratrac UHF, Astro Spectra UHF, MCS2KIII 900, XTS2.5K-Q

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”