Motorola Alert Monitor

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

Motorola Alert Monitor

Post by Andy2712 »

I recently aquired from a friend an old Motorola Alert Monitor. It is currently on a freq of 154.370 and I'd like to get it to 154.235. Does anyone know of a good place to get new crystals? I'd also like to get my hands on some new vibrasponder tone reeds to change the two-tone it responds to. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Andy
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Re: Motorola Alert Monitor

Post by ai4ui »

Bomar or ICM. Either one will produce you a decent crystal. I'm not sure about ICM, but last time I ordered from Bomar they had a $50 minimum order. Best way to get vibrasponders would be to post the freqs you are looking for and see if anyone has any in their junk box. You're not gonna be able to buy those from Motorola...
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

ICM charges $20.95 per crystal plus shipping with no minimum. They are my preferred supplier
since they seem to always get it right the first time vs my experience with others.

While they are more expensive, their crystals generally zero in on frequency with minimum tweaking of the trimmer and do not drift off over the first few months of operation as I have experienced with other manufacturers.
Hoseman292
What radios do you own?: too many

Post by Hoseman292 »

If you have not already done so, check with G & G Communications about Vibrasponders. Most of the Alert Monitors that I've come across were configured for the original Quik Call paging and used four TLN6709 Vibrasponders for Selective Calling. If you need the mod to convert the decoder board from Quik Call to Quik Call II send me an e-mail and I'll work with you.

Tim
Hoseman292 at aol.com
Batboard $upporter

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”