Minitor V Monitor Mode

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wb6fly
What radios do you own?: MTR2000, CDM1550, HT1250

Minitor V Monitor Mode

Post by wb6fly »

I have a MIN5 2ch SV pager that I want to be able to monitor tone pages most of the time, but also be able to sometimes monitor all traffic on the same frequency. I programmed SW-A for selective call on F1, and SW-B for monitor F1. Although I can hold down the PTL button to listen to all traffic, that's not what I expected. I expected the "monitor" function to be just that- the ability to hear ALL traffic on that channel, provided that the carrier strength was enough to open the squelch. The F2 channel is used at a fireground after engines are dispatched on F1. I have SW-D set for Monitor F2, and it never speaks until I hold down the PTL button. Am I doing somwthing wrong, or is the MIN5 simply not capable of continuously monitoring a channel in carrier squelch mode?
MOTO_LR

Re: Minitor V Monitor Mode

Post by MOTO_LR »

I'm afraid it is time for your Minitor V to take a trip to the Motorola Service Depot.
We have seen a number of Stored Voice Minitor V's that exhibit your pager's symptoms.
If yours is like those that we sent to the service depot, in addition to the no monitor function, when
the proper alert tones are received, the pager will only allow voice and record for a period of time
equal to the "Reset Function" time setting. This is with the Reset Function set to "Revert N" which
normally allows the Minitor V to revert to the monitor mode after the proper tones are decoded.

Once broken, you can go into the software settings and attempt to lengthen the "Reset Function" time, but the
monitor after tones period will not change.

Sorry that I couldn't give you a fix for your problem.

Bob
steve220
New User

Post by steve220 »

Bump:

Hello All

Has anyone come up with a cause and or fix for this issue ? It seems as if I have sent a dozen units back for the "old swap-a-roo" in the last month. No common build dates or model type..... all from different customers.

Any input would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving

Steve
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Might be a good time to open a GCC case.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”