Conventional IV&D

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mecosteve
New User

Conventional IV&D

Post by mecosteve »

We are looking at the Motorola 7.9 K Core release of the MCC 7500 and have the option of conventional IV+D. My question is if anyone has any experience with IV+D on a conventional mixed mode system. If a subscriber receiver is set to mixed mode, and the transmitter is non-astro, will it send data? The other option is data scan, which I have not been able to find any info on. The main use of this would be location services, using XTL mobiles with the GPS attached, and XTS portables with the GPS mic.
If anyone has a conventional IV+D system I would like your thoughts....

Thank You
Astro Spectra

Re: Conventional IV&D

Post by Astro Spectra »

Conventional IV+D works well for location services but only in P25 as data requires an Astro personality.

Mixed mode is not really workable if some subscriber equipment is not P25 capable. But I have not seen a working conventional mixed mode system with compatible radios.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”