Minitor Band Split Question

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EHSmedic
New User

Minitor Band Split Question

Post by EHSmedic »

Hey guys, I am looking to replace my current Swissphone fire pager (Garbage by the way....) But thats what my FD uses so I need to get one of my own. I want to find a Minitor 3 or 4 but the problem I am running into is our receive freq is 148.615... EVERY pager I look at on here or on Ebay says the freq is 151.000 - 159.000 MHz. So my question is... with the 3,4,5s all being computer programmable... is it possible that I could buy one and have it programmed for my freq? I just cannot find a Minitor anywhere that says it will program down to 148.000mhz

What about a 2? There is tons of 2s out there but they are all with reeds and crystals so could I just pick one of those up and assume my local radio shop could fix me up?

This is all new to me so any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
"Ambulance Dispatch"
Al

Re: Minitor Band Split Question

Post by Al »

I'd recommend the Min V over the III or II...it's programmable for narrowband if and when you need it there in Nova Scotia. And it's available in the A bandsplit, 143 - 150.9975 Mhz from a Motorola paging distributor.
MOTO_LR

Re: Minitor Band Split Question

Post by MOTO_LR »

We currently have one Minitor IV, Non-Stored Voice, 2-channel, for the 143-151 MHz. split.
It is not in its original box but appears to be NOS (new, old stock). With a fresh set of
NiCad batteries (Sanyo), and new in the box NYN8346C charger, programming, and warranty...
it is $175.00 plus shipping. Email us if you are interested.
Bob, CLARKCOMM

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”