APX Firmware R05.01.01

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w2sjw

APX Firmware R05.01.01

Post by w2sjw »

Guys,

Got an APX coming, and the firmware is currently R04.00.25 on it (I believe). I'm not planning on using this unit on any TRS, so I'm wondering if there are any deal-breakers in R05.01.01 that should force me to hold-off on ever flashing that firmware...

Thanks in advance! 8)
Scott, W2SJW
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: APX Firmware R05.01.01

Post by Pj »

I don't remember when the issue arose, but there was an issue with the ABC switch and zone selection that got werid on the non-front screen models.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

That was in R05.00.00 - R05.01.01 fixes that issue.

I did the upgrade & everything is working as it should, but I will not be a firmware 'whore' like I was with my older radios (I was properly warned about the risks of flashing this model). :lol:

I'm totally enjoying this radio - absolutely worth selling all my XTS stuff to get it... 8)
Scott, W2SJW
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Scott,

Amen. I'm not messing with my APX unless someone proves to me that there's a good reason to do so. Now all I have to do is
to continue selling off all my XTS accessories. The Commander speaker/mic is next.

Regards,
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
WB4JGI
was whitstu

Post by WB4JGI »

When I upgraded my work APX from 4.00.25 to 5.00.00 and now to 5.01.01 the channel announce started taking over the speaker for about 3-5 seconds after the channel had announced like there is traffic but no ones talking. It seems intermittent at best. I wish I would have stayed at 4.00.25 for that reason, because I use channel announce all the time. That's the only thing I can think of for now.

I do wish that Moto would make it to where we can use preset zone and channel from the keypad like the XTS series, that was a nice feature to have.
Stu

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”