XTS5000 Firmware Question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SoCalRescue

XTS5000 Firmware Question

Post by SoCalRescue »

Hi All! Just purchased my first 5k. The current firmware is 12.00.01. I know that's not the most recent, but is that ancient? Just want to judge if I really HAVE to go get the firmware updated right away or if it should be fine for now. Is a firmware upgrade something I can do? If not, how much will one run me - I haven't heard that 12.00.01 is extremely old, just curious.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: XTS5000 Firmware Question

Post by Mfire39 »

Your R12.00.01 firmware isn't really all that old.. Current is R15.00.08, and there never was a R13.xx.xx released publicly. It jumped from R12.xx.xx to R14.xx.xx.

R12 was actually a very stable range, including the CPS. You really won't gain anything earth shattering by jumping up a couple versions.

Hope that helps.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
SoCalRescue

Re: XTS5000 Firmware Question

Post by SoCalRescue »

Great! Thanks. I do have CPS 15 which I am happy about. Thanks so much for the help I was just curious because I haven't owned this radio before - it comes tomorrow and I can't wait.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”