AMBE+2 In Mid Tier Radios

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

snubber

AMBE+2 In Mid Tier Radios

Post by snubber »

Has anyone heard if Motorola will be offering the AMBE+2 vocoder in the XTL/XTS 1500 tier of radio's?
resqguy911

Re: AMBE+2 In Mid Tier Radios

Post by resqguy911 »

There will be no change to the hardware in the Astro25 line. If you want the new vocoder, you will need to upgrade to the APX6000 series, or whatever undisclosed other series may be in the pipe.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Post by radioinstl »

resqguy911 wrote:There will be no change to the hardware in the Astro25 line. If you want the new vocoder, you will need to upgrade to the APX6000 series, or whatever undisclosed other series may be in the pipe.
All radios in the ASTRO25 line use the same Vocoder. The AMBE 2+ vocoder has been out since 2003 and i think that is what is in the ASTRO25 line.

The new Vocoder is the AMBE-LR
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The XTS1500 has been an Astro25/P25 radio since it was first announced. It has
the same vocoder as all other P25 HTs in the Astro25 series.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

The vocoder is software that resides in the dsp. IF and thats a big IF the dsp hardware in the astro 25 line was powerful enough (ie; enough ram,flash memory, fast enough) then yes Moto could decide to upgrade the radios to it, like the whole vselp to imbe switch. But I don't think they will...
snubber

Post by snubber »

Thanks for the info guys. I guess options are to stay true to Motorola and wait/hope for a more economical offering than the APX line, or if my patience run out go with another brand, maybe vertex 800 and 7000 series in order to enjoy the improved audio.
SoCalRescue

Post by SoCalRescue »

Stick with an ASTRO25 radio until something truly revolutionary comes out because the difference is that MONUMENTAL.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”