Narrowband Minitor IV conversion?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Lubecktech
New User

Narrowband Minitor IV conversion?

Post by Lubecktech »

Does anyone know if there is are companies converting Minitor IVs to Narrowband??
MOTO_LR

Re: Narrowband Minitor IV conversion?

Post by MOTO_LR »

I don't really expect anyone to offer a narrowband conversion for the Minitor IV.

For most applications, the current Minitor IV works just fine on systems using the 12.5 KHz. (narrow channel) specs.
I have approx. 50 Minitor IV's in service in "narrow channel" systems. Most have been in service for about 6 years.
There have been no issues. These systems also have some Minitor II and III users. No problems with them either.
My narrow channel customers that have Minitor II's, III's, IV's, & V's in operation universally agree that their most
sensitive and reliable pager is the Minitor II. The IV is their next best choice.

You probably should do some bench testing of your Minitor IV's with your specific frequency and tones using the narrow channel specs. I would be surprised if you find any issues.

Bob
Lubecktech
New User

Post by Lubecktech »

We don't have problems with the pagers alerting but out customers complain about the audio not being as loud as they would like.
Gocart878

Post by Gocart878 »

does anyone know about the programming of narrowband for a min 3 and 4? does someone need to hex edit the program codeplug? or can i simply type the narrowband freq. into the rx box on the motorola software?

also an example of a narrowband channel would be 424.1250 is that correct?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”