help xts5000 ffp question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

scourge

help xts5000 ffp question

Post by scourge »

I just recieved my first xts5000 model 3 ffp huhf model hsd9pw7an firmware: r15.00.08 flashcode: 5a9008-101f87-7. I was able to program through fpp the radio freq i need for my job, but I am not able to change to the other radio zones on the radio. I can only access z1 and my 16 channels I used fpp. My only soft keys are mute fpp clck. I tried using the direction keypad to see if i can access any other menus but with negative results. Is there a way I can acess the radio zones I programmed . Or do I need to send to shop to have it enabled for me to change to the other radio zones i programmed. and will i lose the fpp in the process. Thank you in advance for any advice in my question.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: help xts5000 ffp question

Post by Tom in D.C. »

IIRC, there is an FPP enable box for each zone which is located as part of the Zone/Channel menu. If you have several zones in the radio but only one has the FPP enable box clicked you'll only be able to work that one zone from the keypad to change parameters.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

You will need to have someone with CPS read it and enable the Zone, or Zone Up/Zone Down soft keys.

You will not lose FPP, your radio has both Q52, and Q53 so FPP is safe.

Jim
scourge

Post by scourge »

Thanks for the help. Have a safe and good hoilday weekend.

regards,

Manny

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”