IFR 1900 CSA Reset

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Neville.Boyle
New User

IFR 1900 CSA Reset

Post by Neville.Boyle »

Hi I have a IFR 1900 that was working perfectly until I tried to listen on a external antenna for a "lost Link" It flashed up INPUT OVERLAD ON ANT or DUPLEX port atetion required. Since then it does this on start up. Does anybody know of a reset for this. Back to the factory is not a current option due to the freight costs. Thanks Neville
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: IFR 1900 CSA Reset

Post by Wowbagger »

If you are getting an overload on restart, then you have blown up the front end.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

You've committed a rather expensive oops. Options are going to be return to factory or to a qualified repair shop for a new front end and calibration.

Always a good practice to know what's coming down the coax before you go plugging it into your expensive box...
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

And just a bit of "behind the scenes" - many people wonder why we don't put some form of protection diodes in line - after all, most radios have protection diodes to give their front ends a fighting chance to survive an event like that.

When you are designing a radio that needs to only work over a limited frequency range, and doesn't have to present 50+0j ohms antenna impedance over that limited range, you can do that.

When you are designing a piece of test equipment, that needs to operate from 1MHz to 3GHz, and MUST present as close to 50+0j ohms across that whole range, adding a non-linear element like a diode really doesn't work very well.

It's best to ALWAYS hook up to the T/R (high power input) port FIRST, and then, after you have looked at the signal line for a while (to allow for intermittent transmitters like paging systems) and have a reasonable confidence you are dealing with low level signals, move to the antenna port.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
Neville.Boyle
New User

Post by Neville.Boyle »

thanks for the replies I guess I will need to get it fixed I normaly do not use the unit of air it is a pity I can not use it without the of air reciever Hope to be in your country later in the year ( with a carry on repair ) Thanks again for the replies Neville

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”