XTL to intercom interface

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n9upw

XTL to intercom interface

Post by n9upw »

I'm looking to interface an XTL O5 remote head to an intercom system. Is there a part number for a cable that will give me PTT, MIC hi, and audio from the rear of the remote head? Everything I've found via search is to interface to the accessory connector on the radio and I need to go to the rear of the control head.

Thanks
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: XTL to intercom interface

Post by escomm »

The rear of the control head has the same connector and pinout as the rear of the radio

In other words, you're building your own
n9upw

Post by n9upw »

Thanks. So does the HLN6863 kit come with extra pins (to be crimped) or is it just an ignition sense/speaker cable?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Just ignition sense and speaker (and the emergency jumper but that stays inside the housing) the individual pins are about $2/ea from Motorola although I think someone may have found a good substitute via mouser or digikey but I don't know the part numbers

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”