Tactical OTAR who has done it?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kt2728

Tactical OTAR who has done it?

Post by kt2728 »

Has anybody had any success setting this up?

I am trying to setup a tactical otar group as per chapter 9 in the KVL3000Plus manual.

I have very late firmware (3.53.02) in this KVL just paid for the AES upgrade.

It has the OTAR feature turned on.

I have setup the KKEKs and SKEKs.

I have 1 key group setup

I also have 4 keys in that group 1 AES and the rest DES OFB.

when i go to the OTAR selection in the main menu it comes up and says

"TACT OTAR"
"GRP>"

"NEW SELECT"

of course the new and select are above the selection buttons. when i press new It tells me
"Cannot add group. limit reached!" I delete the group and it asks me if its ok to delete this group, so i tell it yes.

After i delete a group you would think it would let me add one. what ever i do it will not let me "ADD" a group.

From the Screen above if i "SELECT" it and then VEIW it i see the following data for a few seconds.
ID:9969952
TKEK:00000
TSEK:00513
TTEK:14554
the only thing confusing about this is that i dont have any keys in the KVL setup with any of these CKRs.

I have been able to add radios to the one group that i cant put and alpha tag on or select the algorithm.

if anybody has the part number for the Tactical OTAR manual that is mentioned this post i would greatly appreciate it .
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75707

Any help or advice is greatly needed.

thanks

kt
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!
kt2728

Re: Tactical OTAR who has done it?

Post by kt2728 »

I reset my KVL to Factory default. had to rekey all of my variables but i was able to add the OTAR groups. Still working on getting the Tactical OTAR up and going, i will post up here when i do.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!
simoco
New User
What radios do you own?: MTS2000

Re: Tactical OTAR who has done it?

Post by simoco »

Hi Mate,

The problem is when you make a tactical OTAP key you need to asign the key ID to a range above the normal CKR KID range.
The good news is that the KVL3K+ will tell you the range if you enter the Tactical KID out of range.
I can't remember the range 100% but try making a key as normal but give it a KID of something like 6100 or 6145 something like this range above normal CKR range and the KVL will tell you the range you can use. it will display IE: 614xx to 65xxx for your KID.

You will find in the back of the KVL manual in the section ( Notes Tactical) just one line and it's not printed very big and it's not in a location any normal person would look.
Stupid Motorola... Again..... a very important peice of information to get Tactical Otap KVL to work.

After I found that information, after many hours / days/ and weeks trying everything. I got Tactical OTAP to rekey and it worked.

If you need more PM me, I do take some time to reply but I will reply

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”