RIB box compatability

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gopher

RIB box compatability

Post by gopher »

anyone know if my rib box used to program system saber 3 will work to program astro saber?
motorola_otaku

Re: RIB box compatability

Post by motorola_otaku »

If it's an actual Motorola RIB, yes. If it's a KAWAcrap eBay special, mmmmmaybe not.
gopher

Post by gopher »

Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

In the earlier versions of the "more modern" radios you need the RIB. This would include the Sabers, MTS2000s, XTS3000s, Astro Sabers, etc. In the later versions, such as the XTS5000, APX7000, etc, the RIB is not used. The Motorola 4008 RIB is the one that "works all the time."
I've had good luck, meaning that they work fine, with aftermarket RIBS, but if you get a bad one the question is "Who backs it up and makes the exchange/fix for you?"
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

gopher wrote:http://www.radiostew.com/therib.php
im guessin yeah
I have used this exact rib to program AS3's, MTS2000's, XTS3000's, as well as MCS2000's, & never had a problem. GARY N4KVE PS, this message was sent from Montreal Canada.
gopher

Post by gopher »

thanks

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”