XTS3000 UHF problem with Public Safety Speaker Mic

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

unleashedff248
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, XTS5K & 3K, MCS2K

XTS3000 UHF problem with Public Safety Speaker Mic

Post by unleashedff248 »

Hey guys,

I just recently began experiencing this very odd issue with my XTS3000. I have always used a moto PS speaker mic with it with no problems. I don't use the RF adapter feature. I have no issues with TX or RX.

The other day I switched the battery to a LiON Impres from the NiMH Impres I had always used. Suddenly the radio began power cycling after power up. Now, here comes the strange part....When I power up the radio with the speaker mic attached and the radio on scan it power cycles after about 30 seconds after startup and continues to do so rendering the radio unusable. However, if I detach the speaker mic during this cycling the radio will stop and return to normal operation. Next, if I power the radio up with the speaker mic attached but NOT in scan, it does not power cycle. Any power-up without the mic attached results in normal operation, regardless of scan or not.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Thanks
Dave

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”