XTS3000 top secure switch fix?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

shadowman

XTS3000 top secure switch fix?

Post by shadowman »

gday all, recently just come across a bunch of xts3000s wich all have the same small problem. the secure switch on top moves freely and does nothing? i know this all comes apart somehow .. can someone please explain how to get it apart and fix the switch as i think it may have just jumped out of its little groove underneath it. cheers all:)
d119

Re: XTS3000 top secure switch fix?

Post by d119 »

This occurs when the concentric switch plastic has broken and needs to be replaced. If you remove the channel select knob, you'll likely see exactly what I'm talking about.

Order a new concentric switch plastic, install, replace channel select knob and enjoy.
shadowman

Post by shadowman »

alright this wil sound stupid but how do i get the channel knob of ? lol this is a tricky one .. i dont want to force nothing and break the radios.. :) cheers mate
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Refer to the instructions here: http://www.akardam.net/moto/docs/mirrored/combined.pdf
Both knobs use rubber outer knobs on top of plastic inserts, and can be removed with a small flat-head screwdriver. The plastic insert uses two tabs to hold it in place to the potentiometer shaft, which can be kind of tricky to spread open while pulling the knob upward.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”