APX7000 on eBay - Should I buy it ?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

f1shs

APX7000 on eBay - Should I buy it ?

Post by f1shs »

Guys, I can see some APX7000 for sale on ebay.

One of them is here : http://cgi.ebay.fr/Motorola-APX7000-V-U ... 336ba3b6fa

Do you think I can buy it with confidence?

What do you think about this product on ebay?

Pierre
Batwings21

Re: APX7000 on eBay - Should I buy it ?

Post by Batwings21 »

That particular radio does not have some of the newer flashcode options in it, such as Bluetooth or software system key. Also be fully aware that these radios do not carry any sort of warranty from Motorola and could possibly be refused for repair if sent to the depot. That being said you wont touch a legit radio for that price with those options, so its rather a gamble.

I would also say that most the APX you see being used and sold all over without factory tags probably have the same origin and I haven't seen any problems with them, I have one and its been great. You might be able to wait or look around a bit and find one with a more current whore flashcode.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Radio is no different than the ones that went into the wild at Dayton last year....
Radio Crazy
What radios do you own?: All FPP

Post by Radio Crazy »

Don't buy it! You should get a newer more updated flash, like this feature in the radio: Legacy SW System Key Enable.
pks

Post by pks »

Is it true some of the earlier APX did not come with MACE?
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Depends on what you mean by that. I've never seen that one was actually missing (its under a shield on the vocon and i've never taken it off) but there are some that the MACE is either un-programmed or defective and those radios cannot do anything other than software ADP. When it comes down to it though who is buying a radio from ebay and REALLY NEEDS something more secure than ADP?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”