XTS2500 help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC2TJS

XTS2500 help

Post by KC2TJS »

I'm trying to program a scan list into my XTS2500 through the CPS R15.00.00 Astro 25 portable. I would like to set up a user-selectable scan list.
Any help would be appreciated.
EindhovenOne
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTS5K, 2500, XPR7550

Re: XTS2500 help

Post by EindhovenOne »

What model do you have (1, 1.5, 2 or 3) ?
Facta, Non Verba. Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni.
KC2TJS

Post by KC2TJS »

Model 3 no#H46QDH9PW7BN
glgruver
New User

Post by glgruver »

This gets to be a bit complicated to explain in a post, but I'll try. First thing I do is program the 3 position switch "Blank", "Scan", "Scan List Program". Next, go to the Scan icon and click the + sign to make sure there is a scan list.
glgruver
New User

Post by glgruver »

This is pretty complicated to explain in a post. The tutorial on the CPS should give you some specific instructions. Not knowing more about what type of system you are using, anything I could tell you will most likely confuse you even more. Your radio should be able to do what you want, but there are too many unknown factors for me to be of much help at this point. Do what you can and if you get stuck, re-post what you are specifically having a problem with along with some more information about what type of system you are using and we'll try to point you in the right direction. Good Luck

glgruver

O.R.G. (Old Radio Guy)
torontokris
New User

Post by torontokris »

your right its very complicated to explain via a post, but you did a good job above... its one of those things that once the ABC switch is setup right you just need to play around with the scan-list option and add what you want, remove what you dont want.

glgruver wrote:This is pretty complicated to explain in a post. The tutorial on the CPS should give you some specific instructions. Not knowing more about what type of system you are using, anything I could tell you will most likely confuse you even more. Your radio should be able to do what you want, but there are too many unknown factors for me to be of much help at this point. Do what you can and if you get stuck, re-post what you are specifically having a problem with along with some more information about what type of system you are using and we'll try to point you in the right direction. Good Luck

glgruver

O.R.G. (Old Radio Guy)

Return to “Radio Programming”