XTS5k for P25 data

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

imaynotbeperfect
New User

XTS5k for P25 data

Post by imaynotbeperfect »

OK, so I have 2 XTS5k both with the Q947 packet data option installed and I'm trying to send data between them.

Using the CPS v15 I can program both with a packet data channel and the 'ip' icon comes up in the display.

I can establish a PPP connection between a PC and each radio. When this is established I get another small icon in the top right corner of the display and the radios send a few packets, we can hear them on a comms test set, but I can't actually send data between the 2 radios.

I've tried 'direct', 'repeater' and 'FNE' modes in the CPS but nothing. Do I somehow have to tell the radio to go into an online state ?

Any ideas ?
radioactive69

Re: XTS5k for P25 data

Post by radioactive69 »

I thought on a Quantar you had to have (in RSS) Packet Data/ Repeat/ Enabled for the repeater to pass text message data.
We are in the too much information age...
wa6ylb

Re: XTS5k for P25 data

Post by wa6ylb »

Are you trying to send between portables, no repeater hop involved? If so, you have create a personallity, with the transmit frequency defined as direct. It never worked for me just putting the portables in "DIR" mode. Also, the channel is setup for Astro only, Astro transmit.
B.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”