1st time CDM remote install, any issues ?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

1st time CDM remote install, any issues ?

Post by RadioSouth »

Hi all,
I'm planning on installing a pair of CDM's in my Sequoia. My CDM's are pretty early (R02.00.01) remoting appears pretty strightforward on the surface, any issues I should be aware of before ordering
the remote kits ? My B plan plan is getting a pair of PM400's
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: 1st time CDM remote install, any issues ?

Post by SteveC0625 »

RadioSouth wrote:Hi all,
I'm planning on installing a pair of CDM's in my Sequoia. My CDM's are pretty early (R02.00.01) remoting appears pretty strightforward on the surface, any issues I should be aware of before ordering
the remote kits ? My B plan plan is getting a pair of PM400's
There should not be any problems adding remote kits to existing CDM's. AFAIK, there is no software change required. Just follow the instructions in the installation manual.
mmckenna
What radios do you own?: AM/FM with 8 track.

Post by mmckenna »

Simple to do. I picked up a CDM1550 VHF, and then found a remote kit later. Easy change out, just pop the head off with the plastic tool that comes with the remote kit. You disconnect the ribbon cable. Install the blank front on the radio guts, and the other one on the back of the head, make sure you plug the ribbon cables in right. There is a little dot on the cable and near the connector. Put it all together, hook up the cables and away you go. No programming changes needed.
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from."
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Thanks guys !

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”