XTS3000 Md III Audio Problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Georgeman
What radios do you own?: XTS3k, Saber I,II,III; GP380..

XTS3000 Md III Audio Problem

Post by Georgeman »

Hey Folks,

i bought an XTS3000 Model 3 with FW: 05.60.60.00 and DSP N06.05.02, it works fine but

my spoken language is too qieut and softly, i have searched here and found something about AGC Settings but i did not mention anything, unfortunaly i dont have an Remote mic to test. The other Ham ops only say Iam to quiet. Same problem of Digital Personalitys!!

Can anyone explain easy for what these setting in the AGC menue stands for? Type, Output, Total?

Thanks alot....
Visit the largest online Pager Museum only on www.Georgeman.de

Follow on it onFacebook :Georgemans-Pager-Museum-G-P-M on Facebook
Jim202

Re: XTS3000 Md III Audio Problem

Post by Jim202 »

If you uncheck the AGC block and then go to the right and raise the mic gain above the default setting, it will increase the mic pickup.

Problem in doing this is that you will also raise the background noise in the process if you raise the normal mic gain. You will then be getting all sorts of complaints of not being able to understand what your saying because of all the background noise has been raised.

Bottom line is get over it and talk louder and closer to the mic.

Jim

Georgeman wrote:Hey Folks,

i bought an XTS3000 Model 3 with FW: 05.60.60.00 and DSP N06.05.02, it works fine but

my spoken language is too qieut and softly, i have searched here and found something about AGC Settings but i did not mention anything, unfortunaly i dont have an Remote mic to test. The other Ham ops only say Iam to quiet. Same problem of Digital Personalitys!!

Can anyone explain easy for what these setting in the AGC menue stands for? Type, Output, Total?

Thanks alot....

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”