Minitor 5 constant low audio problems

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firetech792

Minitor 5 constant low audio problems

Post by firetech792 »

Any one else having problems?
Out of the 500-700 pagers my organization uses, lately, I'm sending about 5 per week back to the depot with all the same audio issues. All are low and distorted speaker audio. But the power-up beeping is loud as it should be. Just receiver audio is low. The higher ups are fed up and are trying other brands like Swiss Phone and Watchdogs.
Bill_G

Re: Minitor 5 constant low audio problems

Post by Bill_G »

What does the depot say they did to repair them on the return paperwork?
firetech792

Post by firetech792 »

They usually just swap the unit out.
MOTO_LR

Post by MOTO_LR »

Is your "Fixed Alert" set to ON ?
When you have the failure, will the volume control vary the low audio level or is the audio level constant.?

Bob
firetech792

Post by firetech792 »

We don't use "fixed alert". The volume still controls the low volume. Like I said above, its only the receiver audio. The power-up beeps are nice and loud as they should be. I also noticed sometimes on the "SV" pagers, they sometimes lose the "voice announcement" feature too. I'm a little surprised no one else is complaining about this. :roll:
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

Shipped out 28 Minitor V to /\/\ yesterday and 18 of them for this same issue. All 18 were from 2009-2010 Mfg dates.
Could not find an FSB on this.
nothing

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”