IFR 1500S

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Highvoltage2010
New User

IFR 1500S

Post by Highvoltage2010 »

My IFR 1500S has develpoed a problem with the spectrum analyzer. The sensitivity and trace are not right. Other functions work good including scope etc.. Self check works OK, no errors.

Has anyone run across this before. recommendations on reasonable repair?

thanks
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: IFR 1500S

Post by Wowbagger »

What do you mean the trace "[isn't] right"? Too low, doesn't show the carrier, looks like Hamilton J. Frog, what?

Have you checked your sensitivity - if you generated a -120dBm FM signal out the duplex port and loop that to the receiver, what happens?
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
jry

Re: IFR 1500S

Post by jry »

There are a number of modules dedicated to the spectrum analyzer. You may want to check out the maintenance manual on the repeater-builders site.

There are full schematics , troubleshooting and alignment information in the 7MB version.

You may need some other supporting discrete test equipment to take this on ( sig gen, scope and spectrum analyzer <1Ghz )

The 1500 can look daunting but if you take it slow and read through the above information you will find it very servicable with the above tools.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”