R2400 Service Monitor

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy Corbin

R2400 Service Monitor

Post by Andy Corbin »

I remember seeing mention of a lithium memory backup battery for a Motorola R2200 service monitor. I have the service manual for the R2200 but actually have an R2400 monitor. As near as I can tell the only difference between the two is the spectrum analyzer option for the R2400.

Anyhow, I looked in the service manual for the R2200 and near the front there is mention of the lithium battery. I looked in the sections I thought would give me a clue as to where this battery might be located. I was going to replace it as a PM measure but cannot locate it.

Can anyone give me an idea where the backup battery might be located on the R2200 or even better yet, the R2400?

Thanks,

Andy
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2400 Service Monitor

Post by DJP126 »

IIRC... Look on the processor board (all the way on the right side of the card cage).
Dave
Andy Corbin

Post by Andy Corbin »

DJP126 wrote:IIRC... Look on the processor board (all the way on the right side of the card cage).
Thanks but I FINALLY found it. The CPU board would have been my first guess but on my unit, (R2400) but it is actually on the front panel interface board.
When I checked the voltage on it, it showed 3.4 volts so I think I will just let a sleeping dog lay. Thanks for the reply.

Andy
Motosmurf
New User

Post by Motosmurf »

Hi Andy,I to have a r2400 that got the receive brd/rf attn fried due to the wrong Ant jack fuse was in it.I got a service manual for the 2200.The front end brd is different and I patched it up.It works but rcv sens measurements are not accurate,.3uV is like 15 uV.I cant find a true 2400 only manual on ebay.I'll post more on this monitor soon to see if I can get an attn assy and front end brd.
jry

Post by jry »

The 2400 was an add-on to the 2200 ..supplement for the 2400 only has the two additional boards for the spectrum analyzer plus the front panel changes. Pretty thin overall.
What you may have is the wrong version 2200 manual if it does not match the assemblies in your unit. Repeater-Builders does have an older version ( mid 83) 68-81069a76.
Not sure if that is what you have.
I do have a mid 84 version manual for the 2400A 68-81069A69 which covers some of the B version modules. May want to lookup your SN date code and see what vintage manual you need.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”