astro saber / fake white noise?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gopher

astro saber / fake white noise?

Post by gopher »

Is it just me or when I hit monitor, the white noise sounds fake / like a looped recording? If I key up a repeater there is a split second that i can hear the real noise before it cuts out.
gopher

Re: astro saber / fake white noise?

Post by gopher »

or am i just crazy?
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

I too thought my 1st Astro Saber had a problem, until I realized my other Astro radios sounded the same. GARY N4KVE
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I've had them where you hear real white noise, then it clicks into a higher pitched one. Never figured that out....though I think it relates to firmware.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Pj wrote:I've had them where you hear real white noise, then it clicks into a higher pitched one. Never figured that out....though I think it relates to firmware.
This is exactly what all my Astro radios do. From F/W 5.xx to the newest. GARY N4KVE
radio-link

Post by radio-link »

Yes, this noise is fake, only the loud short portion that is heard after real receiving is not faked :)
regards - Ralph, dk5ras

--

Ralph A. Schmid http://www.bclog.de ralph@schmid.xxx
Tel./SMS +49-171-3631223

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”