Encryption question.

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K4RUR

Encryption question.

Post by K4RUR »

Hi,
I have searched and found nothing, so I thought I'd throw it out and see if someone can help me. I have a model III xts3000 UHF. I purchased on ebay an encryption module that is EMC 2.12 KG1 None KG2 DES-OFB. My 3000 has R5.06.03 and host 6.05.02 When I go to an analog channel and turn the switch to secure, I get the ILLEGAL KEY message, which I understand is normal as the OFB won't work on analog. My question is this, when I attach my T3011DXD kvl I get the keyloading message, but when I try to load a key I get FAIL and the fail tones. Since KG1 is empty, do I need multikey to use this module? I am stumped.

Thanks guys!!!

Lowry
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson
K4RUR

Re: Encryption question.

Post by K4RUR »

Hey guys,
After a lot of work, I found that the radio has a problem. I can get the module to take a key in a different radio. Oh well. Thanks guys!!

Lowry
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”